Hands-On, Minds-On! has been EdVenture's signature professional development experience for classroom teachers since 2006. Designed to strengthen teachers' confidence about science and mathematics and cultivate their students’ curiosity, the institutes and workshops have helped strengthen teachers' understanding of the curriculum integration and hands-on learning.
EdVenture continues to support great professional development opportunities for our state's teachers. Some upcoming programs include opportunities in marine science education.
1) South Carolina Marine Educators Association (SCMEA)
-2014 Conference Registration is now open! Don't miss out on a fun and educational weekend at the beautiful and historic Penn Center October 3rd-5th. Registration
information can be found at: http://scmarineed.org/conferences/.
-Know someone deserving of the SCMEA Marine Educator of the Year award? Submit your nomination no later than August 20th. Information can be found at
-Interested in applying for a classroom project grant? SCMEA offers several Renkas Marine Education Grants in the amount of $250. Submit your project idea to:
http://scmarineed.org/awards-scholarships/renkas-marine-ed-grants/ by August 20th!
-Questions? Contact email@example.com
2) South Carolina Water Resources Conference is being held October 15-16 at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center in Columbia, SC. Deadline for early bird registration is September 15th. Check out more information at: http://www.clemson.edu/restoration/events/past_events/sc_water_resources/.
3) Beach Sweep/River Sweep is Saturday September 20th. Want to get involved? Visit the South Carolina Sea Grant Consortium Beach Sweep/River Sweep website at: http://www.scseagrant.org/content/?cid=49. Questions? Contact Susan Ferris Hill firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Are you interested in teaching about watersheds to your students? The South Carolina Sea Grant Consortium and the Clemson University Extension have Coastal Enviroscape Models available for FREEcheckout. If interested, contact EV Bell at email@example.com or Kim Counts at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for delivery options.
5) Remember to check out the South Carolina Sea Grant Consortium's Coastal Heritage magazine – every issue has an online, standards-based curriculum that is available for free. Check out the most current issue or past issues by visiting: http://www.scseagrant.org/sections/?cid=82.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact
Elizabeth Vernon ("EV") Bell, Marine Education Specialist
SC Sea Grant Consortium/COSEE SE
287 Meeting Street
Charleston, SC 29401
fax (843) 953-2080
Hands-on, Minds On! The Maker Education Experience
Event dates coming soon!